- 540 2-Stroke Fan Cooled Engine
- Heated Mikuni TM33 Carburetor
- Large Capacity Fuel Tank
- Three Speed Transmission
- Camso 1.5 Cobra Wide Track
- TSS Front Suspension
- A proven 540 2-stroke twin engine powers this ultra dependable utility snowmobile. Based on the legendary 540, Yamaha engineers improved midrange torque and reduced fuel consumption by nearly 25 percent with this newest version. The improved efficiency meets current emissions standards with even more reliability than its predecessor.
- The heated Mikuni TM33 flat slide carburetor delivers crisp throttle response. Small dual electronic heater coils embedded in the carburetor body stabilizes idle speed and reduces plug fouling. Combined, these efficient carburetors help deliver great fuel economy and reliability.
- The VK540 features a dual-bulb headlight. The twin headlights throws more light on the trail than the previous single bulb design, and is fully integrated in the overall styling cues.
- The VK540 has a large, multi-coil stator ring design to develop over twice the electrical output of the original model. The 400 watt output is used to power the carb heaters, twin-bulb headlight, hand warmers and other accessories.
- Enjoy extended range and expanded work capability with a large fuel tank. The tank boasts a capacity of 11.6 usg / 44 L. Combine that with the clean-running engine and you'll see nearly double the range on a single tank of fuel, as compared to the original VK540.
- The Hi/Lo transmission with reverse is workhorse one minute, and a versatile trail cruiser the next. With a simple to use manual actuated lever, you can select from “normal” high range for cruising to low range and pull heavy loads.
- Yamaha engineers developed a clutch calibration to maximize the VK's ability while keeping the sled's utility application in mind. The result is a setup that has very smooth engagement and roll out, without sacrificing overall operating performance.
- The dependable 20 x 154 x 1.5" Cobra track delivers the perfect balance of traction versus durability. The 1.5 inch lugs provide ample deep snow traction with the strength to withstand, rugged, hard-packed terrain.
- Telescopic struts offer the ultimate solution for snow deep mobility and durable simplicity.
- Wide skis deliver added flotation when traveling off-trail, while an engineered keel provides predictable handling and easy to steer manners.
- This dual-shock, fully coupled suspension features a simple and effective flip-lever torsion spring adjustment to quickly adapt the suspension for one-up or two-up riding, or for hauling a heavy payload. A 40mm, High Pressure Gas (HPG) shock provides exception control, fade resistance, and maximum work capabilities.
- The high-intensity LED taillight/brake light is lighter and brighter than a traditional incandescent design, and delivers a significantly longer lifespan.
- Functional mirrors tout a large viewing area, making it easier to see what lies behind. The mirrors are mounted on the interior side of the Protective Windshield, shielding them from potential damage.
- The tunnel design includes large snow evacuation holes on running boards with traction. The tunnel is built out of lightweight, high-tensile steel to keep the VK540's legendary rugged durability in the toughest conditions.
- A wide, tall, wrap-around style windshield delivers greater protection from the elements as well as unsuspecting tree branches and limbs. The windshield has been wind tunnel tested to reduce unwanted negative swirl and deliver a greater “pocket” of comfort for both driver and passenger.
- Seamless and easy to use electric start delivers instant and hassle free starts, a manual recoil starter is also included for extra insurance when you are far off the beaten trail.
- In addition to a host of on-board creature comforts and storage, a standard factory rear mounted tow hitch is at the ready for additional gear or occasional light-duty work.
- With a hinged, flip-up seat, the VK 540 exudes its work ethic at every turn. The large under-seat storage touts an integrated tool kit and room for much more.