- Compact, liquid-cooled, 249 cc, piston-reed-valve-inducted, 2-stroke engine
- Smooth shifting, 6-speed, close ratio transmission
- Keihin PWK38S carb with 4-petal carbon fiber reeds
- Yamaha's patented YPVS exhaust power valve system
- Lightweight, aluminum, semi-double-cradle frame with detachable rear subframe
- Fully adjustable KYB suspension
- 270 mm front & 245 mm rear disc brakes
- Adjustable aluminum handlebar & titanium foot pegs
- Aggressive, modern styling
Lightweight, compact, liquid-cooled, 249cc, piston-reed-valve-inducted, 2-stroke.
- super crisp, instant 'right now' engine power (when in the 'power band')
- easy & economical to maintain, service & rebuild
Lightweight, flat top forged aluminum piston.
- excellent durability
- light weight means fast engine response
Liner-less, ceramic composite cylinder bore with ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block.
- excellent heat dissipation
- reduced weight (no heavy iron liner)
- reduced friction
- extended cylinder life
Lightweight, ball bearing style crank.
- lightweight design for fast throttle response
- friction reducing crank seals
YPVS power valve system features a total of three slides (one main and two auxiliary slides).
- YPVS system varies the exhaust port height & timing based on engine rpm
- provides the benefits of both solid, low rpm power delivery & strong top-end punch
Keihin PWK38S carburetor with power jet and throttle position sensor (TPS).
- precise fuel - air mixing
- extra-crisp throttle response throughout the powerband
Special-design, 4-petal, carbon fiber reeds.
- excellent throttle response & engine performance across the entire RPM range
Smooth-shifting, 5-speed, close-ratio transmission.
- ratios are matched to engine output for maximum performance
- optimal hook-up for outstanding acceleration & corner-exiting power
- transmission features 'involute splines' for smooth, positive shifting even under power
Heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch.
- quick-access, outer clutch cover allows for fast, easy clutch maintenance
CD (capacitor discharge) ignition system.
- delivers a precise spark for fast, sure starts
- ensures optimal timing at all rpms for fast, strong response.
High capacity, washable, dual-stage, foam air filter.
- excellent filtering qualities
- reduces maintenance costs... foam filter is re-useable
Large-capacity, dual radiators feature 10-row cores.
- maximum cooling efficiency
Lightweight exhaust system.
- computer designed expansion chamber provides maximum engine performance
- lightweight, aluminum silencer is re-buildable for optimum performance & reduced noise levels
Works-style clutch lever & race-spec 'barrel adjuster.'
- light, easy lever pull
- for on-the-fly clutch adjustments